Thursday 11 December 2014

Christmas anticipation

"Oh, Marilla, looking forward to things is half the pleasure of them."
Anne Shirley

Anne is right! What I like the most about Christmas? The time before... Waiting for it. Looking forward. That is the time when miracles happen.
This year I am spending this wonderful and for me the most favourite time of the year in Dubrovnik. Of course, I am going home for Christmas. But now, I am here. And I have to enjoy it. And to be prepared. Christmas is coming!
Btw, it was my boyfriend's birthday on the 4th of December! This is his birthday cake.
I was waiting for Mikuláš and put my shoes on the balcony. And he came! I am not sure if it was Mikuláš or Sveti Nikola, who brings presents and sweets in Croatia, but it does not really matter. Important thing is, he did not forget.
I decided to bake pre-Christmas muffins. They were full of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom, liqueur and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment