Wednesday 3 December 2014

Start with breakfast

It may seems to be automatic, but many people don't realise how important the first meal of the day is. It doesn't matter if I eat breakfast at 7:00 or 11:00 I always try to slow down and just enjoy. I do this no matter where I am. Of course I change my breakfast depending on the time of the year and country where I am. I use as much local food for my meals as I can. What did I find in Dubrovnik?

I use carob (in Croatian "rogać") in my oatmeal. It tastes just as good as cocoa. Carob grows in Mediterranean. This plant is also called St. John's bread. You can see it on the top of my meal on the picture. Also, to find local almonds isn't hard at all. I like them peeled in my oatmeal, too.

It would be the shame to be in sunny Dubrovnik and eat inside. I eat on our terrace as often as I can.

Dubrovnik is located near the Neretva Delta Valley. This wetland is very fruitful and that's why you can buy so many fruits and products from fruit here. Sweet plum jam on my morning toast is just delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment