Wednesday 23 October 2013

Food in menza

As students, we cat eat in the school restaurant - menza for very favourable prices. One meal costs 7 Kuna and it includes a soup, main meal, salad, water and bread. Moreover, you can take a soup with bread and salad ilimitable. I think menza is clear choice where to eat for most of the students. 
However, not for me. I am a vegetarian and have an experience that finding a vegetarian food in school restaurant is truly challenging. Well, I tried. I went to menza and ask about vegetarian options, but there were zero that day. But I did not give up and tried again. The lady said they have pasta and green beans with carrots. Nice, I thought to myself, I like green beans! And the soup was also vegetarian - tomato soup. How suprised I was, when I found a pieces of bacon in my beans! So it is decided. I cannot eat in menza.
Fortunately me and my boyfriend enjoy cooking very much, so we cook at home almost every single day. Our meal is always a little bit different and we can discover a new tastes by buying local food.

Food in menza - cost-effective option for students, but not a vegetarian's cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment